Salmon Cakes with Avocado Tartar Sauce
Makes 2 servings of 2 cakes each
This has a whopping 27.4g of protein and only 6.3g total carbs (2.4g net carbs) per serving!
¼ medium red sweet pepper
1 medium stalk celery
8 oz. boneless, raw salmon without skiin
1 tsp stone ground mustard
2½ TBSP real mayonnaise
½ TBSP drained capers
1/8 cup chopped parsley
½ large beaten egg
2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
Salt & Freshly Ground black pepper
Avocado Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
½ avocado pitted and peeled
½ TBSP real mayonnaise
½ TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
1 TBSP chopped fresh Dill
Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a small amount of oil in 4 spots about 6 inches apart (or use silicone t baking sheet, no oil required). Set aside.
2. Coarsely chop the red pepper and celery. Skin salmon if skin is intact and chop into 4-inch pieces. Place salmon, peppers and celery into a food processor. (A food processor is not required, just be sure to finely chop all ingredients before combining). Hold.
3. Add the mustard, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, capers, chopped parsley, the ½ egg (put into a bowl, beat, then pour half in) and Old Bay seasoning. Pulse 4-5 times just until the salmon is chopped. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture into 4 equal rounded mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Cook for 20 minutes and move to serving plates. Garnish each cake with equal dollops of the avocado tartar sauce and a sprig of dill for garnish.
Avocado Tartar Sauce Directions:
Combine the avocado, ½ tablespoon real mayonnaise, lemon juice and chopped dill in a blender or mash by hand with a fork. Blend until smooth, adding salt and black pepper to taste. Put equal dollops on top of the 4 baked salmon cakes.