A day in the life of a quarantined Keto-er
Well, not exactly “quarantined,” but rather “sheltered-in-place.” But you all know what I mean. When I stopped to think about it, this is a pretty accurate account of how my day went yesterday. It was a GOOD day! So I think I may just repeat a lot of it today. Especially the coffee, Word, and napping parts. KETO ON, my friends…no matter what!
- Have coffee and the Word. Lots of coffee, and lots of thinking about the Word I was listening to on my Tablet while I coudn’t sleep the night before. It’s better than Unisom, and no after effects.
- Play with Watson. Because it’s expected of me. I don’t know who has more fun, me or him, but he’s the one that gets the exercise chasing after that funky-looking green squirrel critter.
- Eat breakfast. Bacon, two fried eggs, and a sliced roma tomato as a bonus, with a glass of almond milk. Mmmmm….
- Wait. I saw I was down to two slices of bacon left when I took out my breakfast slices from the pre-cooked stash in the fridge.
- Cook bacon to replenish my stash.
- Start an online grocery order. Check
toilet paperPORK RIND stash. Add to order!
- Add bacon to order!
- Maybe some housecleaning is in order. Change sheets. Unload and start new load in dishwasher.
- Maybe some ME cleaning is in order. Nice hot shower, wash and style hair (for all the good it does me), and now I feel like a million bucks!
- Avoid news. Like the plague. Because it’s all about the plague. Ain’t nobody got time for all-plague-all-the-time!
- Flip the switch to turn on the new web page on the Low Carb JC website, then share the link on the Low Carb JC Facebook group. That was fun!
- Time for a nap! Because…retirement, and I can!
- Have a little mid-afternoon Keto snack because Watson thinks we forgot lunch! (I shared my salami and cheese with him, but he didn’t much care for the dill pickle).
- Waste time scrolling Facebook and trying to avoid all the doom-and-gloom “shares” because I have seen them EVERY.ONE. at least a million times. Not one single new one with any new information (or fake news).
- Play with Watson some more. He really needs that exercise as a quarantined doggo.
- COOK MORE BACON. Because…bacon! Might as well while I have the pan still all set up with that ginormous cooking rack, right? Right!
- Time to start dinner. Leftovers for both of us tonight. YAY! Crispy skin roasted pork shoulder, cauliflower mash, gravy and a salad for hubby; cauliflower mac-n-cheese tuna casserole and a salad for me.
- Watch some of our favorite British TV streaming episodes. Murder in Paradise, an older episode of a Sherlock Holmes rendition of “The Hound of the Baskervilles,” followed by an episode of “Miss Marple” solving a murder in the Caribbean. (Word to the wise, if you ever see Miss Marple OR Hercule Poirot show up at a resort or hotel where you are vacationing…LEAVE immediately as there WILL be murder and mayhem ensuing!)
- Clean up my beautiful (newly-renovated) kitchen, start the dishwasher, and settle in for a couple of episodes of HGTV House Hunters to get my dander all up at how spoiled most people are these days. Why do I put myself through this? I tell myself it’s for the “decorating ideas” but it also reminds me be extra thankful for what I have. (BTW, Harold watches Star Trek episodes in another room…he doesn’t need HGTV to remind him how to be thankful….LOL!!!)
- Watson is ready for bedtime. Translation: Can we PLEASE turn off the TV and all these lights so I can get some sleep already!!!???
- Click “place order” on my online shopping carts and see what shakes out that I will actually get. Whatever. It’s all good! And I’m thankful for all those people taking such good care of us…their customers.
- Finally get to bed. I love sleeping on clean sheets, don’t you? Something else to be thankful for!