Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
Makes 8 servings
1 medium cauliflower head, chopped
3 large hard boiled eggs
4 strips cooked bacon
2 stalks celery
1/4 medium Red Onion
3 tbsp chives
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Break the head of cauliflower up into chunks and cut into desired sized pieces.
2. Add all the cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl and cover bowl with damp paper towels. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Re-dampen the paper towels and microwave for another 3 minutes (or more) until cauliflower is fork tender.
3. Dice the bacon, hard boiled eggs, celery, red onion and chives and add it to the bowl of cauliflower.
4. In a separate bowl for the dressing, combine the mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and black pepper and then pour it over the cauliflower mixture.
5. Combine the entire mixture thoroughly with a spoon and add any additional salt and pepper as you see necessary.
6. Store in a sealed container in the fridge up to one week. Serve cold and enjoy!
The only modifications we made to this: left out celery (we’re not fans of celery in potato salad), used chopped green onions instead of chives, and added a few drops of liquid Better Stevia to the dressing as we like our “potato” salad just a tad sweet.
Calories 169.25 Net Carbs: 2.5g Nutrition Calories: 169.25kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14.6g | Fiber: 2g
Credit to Megha of KetoConnect for this awesome recipe!