THANKSGIVING – Sausage & Cauliflower Stuffing
Serves 8 as a side dish
3 TBSP real butter
½ cup onion, chopped
½ cup celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 cups cauliflower (about one medium head), chopped
2 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped – Plus extra for garnishing
½ TBSP fresh sage leaves, chopped
1 TBSP fresh rosemary, chopped
½ lb ground Italian sausage, mild/sweet or hot (or used a combo of both!)
3/4 cup chicken stock
½ cup chopped, toasted walnuts
Salt & Pepper to taste
• In a deep skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat.
• Saute the onions and celery for 3 minutes.
• Add in the ground sausage and cook for another 4 minutes breaking up the sausage as it cooks.
• Next, add the chopped garlic and stir for 30 seconds until the garlic becomes fragrant.
• Add in the cauliflower with a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Turn the heat down to medium heat.
• Cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
• Then add in the rosemary, sage, and parsley. Stir until mixed well.
• Add the chicken stock to the pan and scrape the flavorful bits off the bottom of the pan.
• Cover with a lid and allow to cook for 15 minutes or until all of your liquid has absorbed, stirring every couple minutes.
• Transfer to a serving bowl and top with toasted walnuts and some more chopped parsley.
Thanks to Kat Hart of “lil piece of Hart” for this WONDERFUL recipe and instructions! (The photo shown above is her photo, we forgot to take a pic of our own stuffing which we had last Thanksgiving! But we will take our own pic this year!). See Kat make this recipe:
Kat also has a full menu for a Low Carb Thanksgiving Feast you may want to try out which includes this stuffing.