Makes 2 servings
(My own recipe, and it turned out DELICIOUS!)
4 flounder fillets (will probably weigh about 2 oz each)
½ cup finely-ground pork rinds
½ cup finely grated parmesan (use a micro grater if you have one)
½ TBSP lemon zest
Juice of half a lemon
1½ tsp minced garlic
1 TBSP fresh dill, minced–I just snip with kitchen shears and leave out the stems (dried is ok, just use a little less)
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 F
1. Pat flounder fillets dry on both sides with a paper towel. Brush both sides with olive oil, making sure all surfaces are covered for coating to stick to.
2. Grind pork rinds in a food processor until VERY fine, like bread crumbs / panko consistency.
3. Place pork rind “panko” in a small mixing bowl, grate parmesan into rinds and mix.
4. Add spices and herbs and mix well. Dump mixture into a shallow bowl or pie plate.
5. Place each fillet into the rind mixture on bottom side only, then lay the coated side DOWN on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with Pam or brushed with olive oil.
6 . After all fillets have been coated on bottom side, then spread the rest of the coating mixture on top of the fillets, distributing evenly, and press down to make sure it stays put. These will not get turned over during baking.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool very slightly before removing with spatula. Each serving is 2 fillets. You can squeeze some fresh lemon juice over top of each fillet (optional).